Sunday, February 22, 2015

APP REVIEW

KID SCREEN TIME

Kid Screen Time is an application that keeps track of the amount of time that  your kids are using the ipad or other digital device that supports the app. What drew my attention to it was that it not only lets you know how long your kids are on their device, but will send you e-mail and text message notifications. You can know when they turn the device on, and when their allotted time is up. Each kid can have their own profile and their own time limits to help them with their screen time habits.
 
 
 
Kid Screen Time was designed by ThinkStorm LLC which put out its first app RoofRackRanger in July of 2013 and only has the two apps at the moment, with many more in the initial stages...
 
Great app but there were some negatives...
-The app doesn't lock when the time is up.
 
(Developers response)
  • Sadly, Apple will not approve an app that can lock the device under any circumstances, or that prevents someone from using the device.The next best thing is to be informed when your kids are using their devices. Kid Screen Time can send you text or email alerts when devices are locked and unlocked.The most effective method is to put your kids devices out of reach when their time runs out. Plain and simple.
-You have to pay for text message and email alerts.
 
(developers response)
  • The text and email services that I use cost me quite a bit every month, and because of the popularity of Kid Screen Time, I would go broke very fast if I offered them for free.
    Believe me, I considered all options. But I decided that I don’t want your kids to be spammed with commercials. And I don’t want to sell your usage information to large companies for a profit.
    In the next release, I am experimenting with offering surveys to parents in exchange for Alert credits.

http://www.kidscreentime.com/app/kidscreentime/

No comments:

Post a Comment